LOOKNorth’s Outreach Program is directed toward three main groups:
- Northern natural resource industries (particularly oil and gas, mining and hydro-electricity), as well as and the related transportation sector;
- the remote sensing researchers and technology companies that can provide data, information products, and knowledge to industry; and
- Northern peoples and other stakeholders impacted by resource development in Canada's Northern regions.
LOOKNorth’s primary goal is to enable safe and sustainable resource development in Canada's North. LOOKNorth works with the resource sector to understand operators' needs and offer solutions from remote sensing researchers and technology providers. Supporting, enabling and accelerating safe and sustainable development of northern resources benefits all stakeholders.
Remote Sensing Researchers and Technology Providers
LOOKNorth will help connect technology companies, researchers and research institutions with the Northern resource developers who can use their products and services. LOOKNorth will also assist small and medium-sized technology companies to understand the North's unique physical, political and regulatory environments, and so facilitate partnering with Northern businesses and entry into the Northern marketplace.
Northern Peoples and other Stakeholders
Realizing LOOKNorth’s vision of promoting sustainable resource development in the North involves understanding the interests, needs and objectives of northerners themselves. LOOKNorth will work with northern stakeholder groups in order to improve their awareness of relevant technology, promote northern interests in industrial development, support local business ventures, as well as encourage educational and training opportunities.
In order to accomplish these goals, LOOKNorth’s Outreach Program will present a series of workshops in the North for government, industry and business communities to build dialogue on:
· Technologies that can promote safe and sustainable resource development;
· How these technologies can benefit northern governments, businesses and individuals;
· Resources available to support Northern business development;
· How new partnerships between the northern business community and resource industries can promote sustainable economic development.
Please check the News & Events page for details of upcoming events.