Structure & Governance
LOOKNorth functions as a stand-alone centre of excellence within C-CORE, under the strategic and operational direction of the Managing Director; C-CORE provides space, business support services, executive oversight (via its President & CEO) and corporate governance (via its Board of Directors). The Board has established a dedicated LOOKNorth Committee. This Committee of the Board has direct oversight of LOOKNorth’s strategy, budget, commercialization project investments and performance tracking. Their terms of reference include meeting at least four times per year, be comprised of 6 independent members including 4 from C-CORE Board, two external industry members, and the CECR Liaison.
At this time, the LOOKNorth Board Committee members are:
- Paula McDonald, CEO, NL Teachers' Pension Association (Committee Chair)
- Mark Aruja, Chairman, Unmanned Systems Canada (External Member)
- Peter Clarkson, Regional Director, GNWT (External Member)
- Neil Chaulk, Vice President, Solace Power
- Paul Griffin, President & CEO, C-CORE
- Stephen J. Henley, Vice President Canada, Subsea 7
- Mark MacLeod, Retired Vice President, Atlantic Canada, Chevron Canada
- Monika Michalska, NCE (Special Guest)
- David Oak, President, Invenio Consulting
- Maria Rey, Space Strategies Consulting
Further information on C-CORE’s Board of Directors can be found here.