Structure & Governance
LOOKNorth functions as a stand-alone centre of excellence within C-CORE, under the strategic and operational direction of an Executive Director; C-CORE provides space, business support services, executive oversight (via its President & CEO) and corporate governance (via its Board of Directors). As shown in the following organigram of LOOKNorth’s governance and management structure, the Board has established a dedicated LOOKNorth Committee. This Committee of the Board has direct oversight of LOOKNorth’s strategy, budget, commercialization project investments and performance tracking. Their terms of reference include meeting at least four times per year, be comprised of 6 independent members including 4 from C-CORE Board, two external industry members, and the CECR Liaison.
At this time, the LOOKNorth Board Committee members are:
- Brent Janke, Vice President (East Coast), Suncor Energy – Member, C-CORE Board of Directors and LOOKNorth Committee Chair
- Stephen J. Henley, Vice President Canada, Subsea 7 – Member, C-CORE Board of Directors
- Mark MacLeod, Retired Vice President, Atlantic Canada, Chevron Canada – Vice-Chair, C-CORE Board of Directors
- David Oak, President, Invenio Consulting – Chair, C-CORE Board of Directors
- Dr. Charles Randell, President & CEO, C-CORE – Member, C-CORE Board of Directors
- Neil Chaulk, Vice President, Solace Power
- Mark Aruja, Chairman, Unmanned Systems Canada
Further information on C-CORE’s Board of Directors can be found here.