Project Selection Criteria
LOOKNorth is a Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research (CECR), under Industry Canada's Networks of Centres of Excellence program. The CECR program requires a measurement of the impacts of funded projects.
The Technology Validation Program desired impacts are:
- improvements in safety of personnel;
- reduction of operational risk;
- increased benefits to Northern people;
- acceptance of a technology as a standard by a regulatory body;
- reinforcing Canada’s position internationally in the EO sector; and
- development of highly-qualified personnel (HQP), jobs created, potential revenues.
Proposals will be rated against the following criteria:
- impact of a successful technology validation project;
- degree of innovation implemented;
- percentage of sponsor co-funding;
- value of in-kind contributions;
- suitability of the proposed solution; and
- potential for international sales.